Sign #PeoplesPetition for the alternative to austerity
This petition is running as part of ‘The People United‘ national demonstration taking place on 21 June 2014. Help us get to 100,000 signatures!
The People’s Assembly launched this petition based on the decisions at our national conference on 15 March 2014. The full aims document can be found here.
The Government should reverse damaging austerity, and replace it with a new set of policies providing us with a fair, sustainable and secure future. We will no longer tolerate politicians looking out for themselves and for the rich and powerful. Our political representatives must start governing in the interests of the majority. We, the undersigned, demand:
- Re-nationalise our services & remove private profit from health, education and social services
- A statutory living wage, abolish zero hour contracts, end the wage freeze
- Invest in building social housing, abolish the bedroom tax & place a cap on private rents
- A higher tax on the rich & a clamp down on tax avoidance
- Reverse all spending cuts
- Invest in creating green jobs
- Increases to welfare and pensions should be tied to inflation
- A stop to scapegoating of immigrants or those on welfare
- A publically owned, democratic banking system
- End the cost of war in blood and money: no military interventions, no Trident replacement